Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mini Update: October

Mommy's finding it a lot harder to get on here and do frequent updates. Working full time with two little ones is taking a lot more out of me than I expected! I feel bad about not keeping up the blog like I always did, but it's just too much right now. Things are going fine; I simply don't have that extra time/energy anymore. I am trying to get the important events up here, though.

***
Overall, things are pretty much status quo here. Kevin has started to do a bit of an army crawl, and took a few steps the other day while I was holding his hands. He also raises his arms when we say "Touchdown!" He likes to colour with crayons/markers. Grandpa G. says that he has gotten Kevin to say "Papa," but I haven't heard it yet. (Gram says she heard it yesterday.) Besides that, he is a quiet, generally content little guy who seems to be doing things in his own good time. I'd like to see more progress, but there's not much I can do at this point. We have a follow-up with the pediatrician we saw two months ago, in about a month.

Kevin still enjoys feeding himself, and yes, he still throws it all off his tray when he's done. (We need to work on that.) Last night, he had lots of fun with his pasta. You know pasta is always a huge mess with the little ones, but Kevin was totally hamming it up!






Silly Guy! ;-)

***
In Andrea news, we are starting to have some hope that the potty boycott is gradually disappearing. We got Andrea to poop on the potty twice in the last four days, and that's the first time she's ever done it! Of course, we still have to go through 5 changes of clothes a day whenever we try the panties . . . but still, we'll take any encouraging signs at this point. Daycare is working hard to encourage her progress, too. Like her teacher said, though, a month or two can make a world of difference at this age; maybe she'll be ready soon.
***
Andrea is very much into playing pretend now. She likes to pretend to plant a garden and pick flowers; go to the store; make a trip into outer space; cook and eat food, etc. She also likes to make "tents" and "forts" in the living room with chairs and blankets. Lately, she's become interested in being a "ballerina," and she dresses up in her princess clothes and dances all over the place. She likes to put on little shows for Daddy and I. She's now obsessed with "helping," too. Whatever Daddy and Mommy are doing, she wants to help. I find this sweet, but difficult. I want to encourage her to be helpful, but at the same time, it often takes more time and makes more work to let her help. So, I try to find little things she can do like pressing the buttons on the microwave for me, or putting things in her room, or getting things for Baby Kevin. She drives me nuts sometimes with her whining and her stubbornness, but she is at a really cute stage right now. We are amazed at some of the things she says ("I think NOT, Mama!"). Thank goodness she can make us laugh all the time!
***
Here's a video of Andrea entertaining Kevin. She jumps, and then he jumps, and he always gets so excited when she plays with him!

No comments: