Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, January 2, 2009

A New Cousin to start the New Year

Hannah Madeline Hage
January 1, 2009
12:34 p.m.
8 lbs., 5 ozs.
Baby Hannah surprised Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Tony by arriving before Aunt Stephanie's scheduled c-section, which was supposed to be on January 6th. Hannah was still delivered by c-section; she just decided she was ready to join the family on New Year's Day! Everyone is doing well.
***
We went up to the hospital and saw Hannah when she was about 3 hours old. Kevin peeked at the baby, but he's too little to be really interested in babies. Andrea's reaction showed how she is maturing. She kept asking to see the baby while I was holding her, and looking at Hannah with wide, shining eyes. Andrea kept saying things like, "She's so nice," and "She's so little." She also kept saying, "She's so kind," but I'm not sure what she meant by that. (?) She also accepted right away when Daddy asked if she wanted to hold Hannah.
Today, when Andrea was watching TV, she suddenly declared, "I want to hold Kevin." This totally surprised me. I told her Kevin was busy playing, but she continued insisting that she had to hold him. So, I put him up next to her on the couch, and she put her arm over his shoulders. He leaned over and rested his head on her shoulder. What a cute moment! (I was busy with housecleaning, so I didn't get a picture . . . talk about a missed photo op!) Of course, he wanted down about 30 seconds later, since he's always on the go now. Then he drooled on her, and she screamed because she was so disgusted!
***
After we visited Baby Hannah yesterday, we went out for dinner to our favourite kid-friendly restaurant, Montana's. Andrea and Kevin behaved very well, and ate a lot! I snapped this photo of Daddy and Andrea enjoying their dinner. Andrea and Daddy are Best Buddies. :))

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to Steph...she is beautiful! I love how Andrea wanted to hold Kevin and then he drooled and she screamed, that made me LOL. Maybe a third is in your future with such a great little helper aboard??

Anonymous said...

Look at the hair sweet little Hannah has!
I too, LOL'd when I read the note about drooling on big sister. I could just picture it and the look on Andrea's face. :)