Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Summer is (Pretty Much) Here

For the past few days, Andrea's been begging me to let her swim in her kiddie pools in the backyard. Yesterday, as it was close to 80 degrees outside, I cleaned up the pools and let her and Kevin play in the water after supper. They loved it! Kevin was in a miserable mood in the house (due to his mouth injury--see previous post), but when we got him into the water, his bad mood magically disappeared. And since there are 2 kiddie pools, they had lots of fun switching back and forth between one and the other. They thought that was pretty special.




Kevin tries to imitate everything Andrea does now, like trying to stand up and walk over the edge of the pool!


He quickly caught on that crawling out was still a safer bet for him.

My Mermaid (she was pretending to be"Ariel")

Kevin was getting a little silly with the water, dumping it all over himself (and Andrea, too!).
Kevin's diaper is full--I think it's time to come out!
(I forgot to change him into a swimmer diaper).
The kids decided they wanted to go on our little slide for awhile. Their wet suits made for an extra-slippery ride! I got a video of them zooming down the slide, and didn't notice what Kevin said until I was editing it today. I was nervous because the climber was so slippery, so I kept saying, "Careful, Buddy!" when Kevin was on it. Upon reviewing this video today, I noticed Kevin clearly says, "Bud-dee, care-ful!" just before he goes down the slide! :))


After Kevin went in the house, Andrea sat with me for a bit, enjoying the nice evening. She was sitting on the stairs, and suddenly noticed that her wet bum was making marks on the steps. Andrea likes making footprints; now, she has discovered "butt-prints!" (By the way, notice how many times she asks, "Why?" in 50 seconds.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love it!! Your kids have Kitchener twins once again hehe. We've been swimming the last 2 days too...today was a major inside day though :(