Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ultrasound at (almost) 12 Weeks

This afternoon I went for my 12-week ultrasound (well, technically, I'm 11 weeks, 6 days). I couldn't have asked for a better outcome. :)) The ultrasound technician was very friendly and informative, and Baby looks great. All of Baby's parts are there, and in the right place; all the measurements came out just right. It looked like Baby was sleeping, face-down, snuggled up in a corner. It wasn't until the tech went to check out some other structures, and came back, that Baby decided to wake up and wave its arms and legs, and roll around for us. It was like Baby was trying to get our attention again!

In case you're wondering, it's still way too early to find out the sex of the baby. We usually find that out closer to 5 months, and we're only at 3 months now. Too bad I wasn't further along--Baby was giving us lots of nice bum shots. :))

The pictures the technician gave me show the actual position Baby is in, face-down.

So, at her suggestion, when I got home, I flipped the photos over so Baby is face-up. It's easier for most people to interpret it that way. I also made the pictures larger.


I also put some labels on the picture above, to explain what you're seeing in the ultrasound images.

Here's another picture they gave me (flipped so baby is face-up).

***
I also wanted to share Andrea and Kevin's birthday portraits. They were actually done a month ago, but I forgot to post them! As usual, Andrea was cooperative and photogenic, and we managed to get one happy picture of Kevin in the midst of his portrait-studio meltdown.


1 comment:

zoo-mama said...

Thanks for the great updates.
I love the pics of the kids. :)