Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Little Updates

Oh, Kevin . . .
I can't leave this child alone for a minute. I left during dinner time to check on Ryan, who was fussing in the other room. When I came back, Kevin had traded his bowl of Kraft dinner for the BIG bowl. He is such a character. He infuriates me 50 times a day, and makes me laugh just as often. I know this boy will always drive me crazy, but I love him so much.


The good news with Kevin is he's suddenly showing initiative in his potty training. On Friday, he went a whole day at daycare using the potty and wearing undies, with no accidents! He kept up the good work at Gram and Papa's, and then at home that night, too! His only accident was right before bedtime, and he was very upset. Andrea told him a few stories about how she used to have accidents, too, and then he felt better. Today he spent most of the day in diapers because we were out and about, and he seemed a bit unsure of himself. I'm not going to push it. If he can have days like Friday, I know the diapers will be gone soon. Andrea was the same way: she would make progress and backtrack, and then literally, quit diapers within a day or two. It looks like Kevin is on the same path.

Ryan
Ryan is making some progress with his upper-body strength. I can get him to hold his weight on his arms now for about 5 or 10 seconds at a time. He also wiggles from side to side in this position--not crawling, but he does turn himself a bit. The physiotherapist saw him again (we see her every 2 weeks) and she was impressed that he was showing this progress already. We still have a long way to go . . . he always rolls himself from his belly to his back as soon as I put him on his tummy. He puts weight on his legs, but he doesn't try to move his feet. He's still unsteady at sitting by himself, but he likes being upright, so we practice a lot.

Oh, and he is teething again . . . it looks like two more on the bottom are about to come through. Add to that a feverish cold this week, and he has been a temperamental mess. However, when he's not teething or sick, he's a good little guy who loves to interact with people. He's chatty, like Andrea was as a baby. He loves to get kisses and even said, "Mwah!" the other night after I had given him a bunch!

Andrea
In my last Andrea update, I forgot to mention that she loves to draw. She also loves scissors and sticky tape. Our fridge and walls are full of Andrea's creations. She also likes to cook. We made a batch of chocolate chip cookies together last week, and she was so excited . . . until she had to wait for them to cook and cool. She wasn't so good at the waiting patiently part, but who can blame her? We're talking about chocolate chip cookies, fresh from the oven! I feel kind of sorry for her, though, because Mommy is not talented in either crafts or cooking. I guess that's what grandmas are for! ;)

No comments: