Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Impromptu Photo Shoots

Ryan is trying really hard to stand up on his own.  This is one of his favourite positions; he gets about halfway up.  He also does a sort of crouch, like a frog getting ready to hop. He can't quite pull himself all the way up, though. 


My Tired Ryan: he loves to snuggle with a receiving blanket when he's tired.  On this day, it was funny because he kept pulling it over his head, like he was trying to shut out the world.


He must have been extremely tired. He almost fell asleep sitting up!

One day, Andrea asked me to take her picture. Then Kevin wanted to be in the photo. Then I decided Ryan should be in it too, since I hadn't gotten a good picture of the three of them together in a long time. The result was mostly silliness, but still cute!




Next, Kevin asked me to take a picture of him with his car.  He is such a boy!


Really, it all started with Andrea. She knew they were having a make-up, nails, and hair day at daycare, and she was upset that it wasn't her day to go.  Consequently, she convinced me to do her make-up and nails at home.  I gave her a little pink lip gloss, light purple eye-shadow, blush, glitter dust, and mascara.  The result was a little overwhelming for me (flash-forward ten years!), but she did look beautiful, and she loved it.  She requested I take a photo for her, and this close-up was the prettiest picture.


Impromptu Video

Well, really, most of the videos are impromptu, but in this one, I caught the kids playing a silly game. Andrea had used the boys' Night Garden spinning toy to make a "Dizzy Dummy" for her Barbies.  If you watch the show "Wipeout," you'll know that this is one of their obstacles that spins contestants until they're dizzy, then lets them off to complete more obstacles.  Be careful--kids DO copy what they see on TV! ;)

No comments: