Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, September 1, 2008

Go Fly a Kite, Daddy!

Um, literally . . . Daddy flew a kite today. :))


Daddy had his Little Brother, Sean, over today. They decided to put together the parrot kite that Grama Marty and Grampa Rick gave Andrea for her birthday. Since it was Andrea's kite, they invited her to come to the park with them. Since it was a beautiful afternoon, I invited myself and Kevin to tag along, too. It was a good thing I went; Andrea quickly got tired of watching Daddy and Sean trying to coax the kite to stay airborne. So, I took her and Kevin over to the swings and slides to keep them entertained.

"I see my shadow! It's swinging with me!"

"One day, I shall conquer these monkey bars . . ."

Daddy and Sean had a difficult time keeping that parrot flying! Through trial and error, they deduced that the parrot had a natural pull to the right (and consequently, the earth).

So, they experimented with different arrangements of the kite's tails, and finally got the parrot to stay aloft for a respectable amount of time!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

way to go Rod!

Anonymous said...

Rod is too cute...he will always be a big kid!!!