Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Back to School, and What We've Been Up To

The past two weeks have been crazy! We found out my brother was having neurosurgery; my mom came and stayed with us while my brother was in the hospital; I got called back to work; the kids started daycare 5 days a week; and I had my first week back to work. Whew! Add on top of that both kids getting a nasty cold within a week of starting daycare (and subsequently passing it on to Mommy and Daddy), and voila: Welcome to my crazy life! (Oh, and Kevin is cutting at least two more teeth, too.)
So, that's why I haven't blogged since August 12. Yep, the blogging will be much less frequent now that I'm a working mother of two.

Kevin seems to be adjusting well to daycare. Sometimes he cries for a minute or two when we drop him off, but they say he's fine right after. He's still getting used to the other kids in his room, and he's pretty tired at the end of the day, but we've been getting good reports so far. Unfortunately, the first week he developed some tummy trouble, and this week he had a bad cold, so he hasn't been himself. But we know that the first year at daycare is always like this--the sudden exposure to all these new germs . . . ick. Andrea is also sick, but her lungs seem to be handling it well so far (knock on wood!). But she does seem to be enjoying her time at daycare, so that's good.

***
I've recorded some fun photos and videos over the last few weeks. The kids are too cute sometimes. I just have to share!
Kevin, in a stereotypical man pose, watching his favourite TV show
Andrea, the Opera Singer (She put this outfit together herself!)
Brigitte and Andrea: Our Little Angels (Looks can be deceiving?)
Andrea and Kevin: Maybe she's warming up to him?
They had an unusually good day together. Andrea wanted to feed him his whole breakfast; then she shared her maracas with him, and played right next to him; and later, she let him play with the Talking Dora House that Brigitte recently handed down to her.







Andrea was also making Kevin laugh a lot in the bathtub. (By the way, she always wants to bath with him now.) She was taking a toy banana, putting it in her mouth, and then spitting it out. He thought this was hilarious!

Kevin was also in a silly mood. He discovered that he could drink the tub water out of our rinsing cup (EW!). But when I'd tell him not to drink the water, he'd drink more, and just laugh at me. What a little stinker! :))

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks for the update. Glad things are going well. Sorry the kids are under the weather. I need to get my blog updated soon...
Kids are as cute as ever.