Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 30, 2008

ANOTHER Festive Photo Fiasco!

Why did I think it would be different this time? Sigh. This was, by far, the worst photo session--wait, I mean SESSIONS--yet. The first time, Kevin cried so much that we had to re-book it! The second time, he cried the whole time again, but we managed to get him at least to not-cry (smiling was out of the question) for a few shots! Admittedly, it was the afternoon after the second attempt that I ended up in Urgent Care with him for a fever of almost 104, an ear infection in both ears, and infected tonsils. Ack. To get the few decent shots we could, it involved several falsely-cheerful (and slightly manic) renditions of "Wheels on the Bus," "Twinkle Twinkle," and "If You're Happy and You Know It" (oh, the irony on that one!). The pictures really tell the story.

Daddy: "Julie just had to get a family picture . . . sigh."
Andrea: "Cheese! . . . um, am I doing this right?"
Kevin: "If you take away my thumb, I will shriek."
Mommy: "For the love of God, can we get just one decent family picture together?!"
***
Andrea: "I am so cute, and I'm being a good girl."
Kevin: "Who are you people? What do you want from me? I want my mommy!"
***

Andrea, from our first photo session: she did a great job!

***
The originals really show Kevin's red and teary eyes, and Mommy's determinedly-gritting-her-teeth and over-the-top smile.
Maybe we'll have better luck next year. :p


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the picss are adorable and mommy is over analysing. Send me pics please! :)

Unknown said...

I still love them. It just shows the age they are at. You should have seen our fall photo shoot (I mean ALL the pics). Finn is RUNNING everywhere being super devilish. You guys look fantastic. Looking forward to seeing you guys over the holidays.

Anonymous said...

I think that the pics look great!!! It just gets more difficult at this age!!!
They are beautiful, so don't worry Julie!!!