Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hopeful Once Again

Goodness, I don't even know where to start with this post. It's a good thing, a REALLY good thing, but I guess I've got a bit of a superstitious streak in me. I'm afraid as soon as I tell everyone, something bad will happen again. It's hard NOT to be afraid after losing a pregnancy just a few months ago.

I'm 8 weeks pregnant.

I've already known for a month, but I didn't want to tell anyone, in case something happened. I'm finding it really difficult to accept and celebrate this pregnancy--too afraid of getting my hopes up, only to be disappointed. We started telling everyone this weekend, and I am so nervous now that everyone will be disappointed again. It's a horrible feeling. I honestly think it's going to take me a few more months before I can feel confident about this pregnancy. I know this is silly because there are no guarantees of safety at any point in a pregnancy, and it's pointless to waste time and energy being anxious.

Everything seems okay so far, too. This pregnancy did start out a little questionably, and unfortunately, in an eerily similar manner to my last one. I found out I was pregnant because of an early and extremely light period--did the tests just to check, and got some faint positives, which got darker every couple of days.


June 18: First Response--faint positive


cheapie test strips: June 20--barely visible; June 22--clearly pregnant!
The good news is, I stopped bleeding that first week, and haven't had any since. It's been 4 weeks of smooth sailing (besides my own worrying). The doctor's office did blood tests to confirm the pregnancy, and all is well. I had my first ultrasound on July 10, at just under 7 weeks. The baby was still very tiny (a teeny oval spot) , but we saw a good heartbeat, and all the basic structures looked good.


My next ultrasound is on August 12, when I'll be almost 12 weeks. I'm really anxious to see how things look then.

For now, we are keeping a close eye on my blood sugar levels, and hoping for the best.

There's one more good sign: my morning--I mean, ALL DAY--sickness is horrible. It was the same way when I was pregnant for Andrea and Kevin. I keep reminding myself that it's a positive symptom, and I should be glad to have it! ;p

(Oops, forgot to mention the due date: February 25, 2010.)

3 comments:

zoo-mama said...

Try not to worry honey. Easy to say, hard to do. :P
And no more picking up Kevin or pushing Andrea around in the toy box! :)
Luv you and see you soon!
Mom

Michelle said...

I am so happy for you Julie!!!! Try not to worry about anything, I know it's easier said than done, but it looks like everything is going well now so just enjoy it!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness...congratulations!! I came over here to peek at your blog when I saw on facebook that you put you were feeling icky or something and I thought...hmm she's so pregnant. I hope everything goes well this pregnancy. We'll say a little prayer for you. When is your official due date? So happy for you guys. xoxo