Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Moments

I've accumulated some photos and videos of the kids over the past 2 weeks, and figured it was time to get them up here. :))

Haircuts
Every 2 months or so, we need to take the kids in for their haircuts. Kevin gets buzzed every time he goes in, so he doesn't have to have his hair cut too often. He always cries. We went in today, and he only cried a little bit, which was nice.

Andrea, on the other hand, loves getting her hair cut. I think she enjoys it because they always give her a special lollipop at the end! She also likes being fussed over, and told she's beautiful! Today, the lady did a nice extra for Andrea, since Andrea was doing so well. She gave Andrea her first French braid! I took some pictures with my phone, because she looked so grown-up (sniff).




Games They Come Up With
Empty a toy bin, and you've got a ride! Kevin climbed in the bin, and Andrea slid him around the floor. Kevin thought it was great! Of course, Mommy had to give Andrea a turn after, since Kevin can't push her yet.




Dancing
I had mentioned in a previous post that Kevin has started to dance. (Well, he rocks from foot to foot, and walks around in little circles, until he makes himself dizzy and tumbles over.) We rented a video of The Wiggles for them this week, and they love dancing to this music.

Cute Moment
While they were dancing, Kevin paused and went over to where their chocolate milks were sitting. He grabbed both, and I thought it was funny that he had helped himself to two drinks. Little did I know he had a much kinder motive in mind!



Never underestimate the sweethearts your kids can be. :))
Reading
When Kevin's in the mood, he really enjoys reading with me. I always wait for him to bring the book to me, so I know he's in the mood to sit and hear a story. After dancing last night, he brought out his First Words picture book. I knew he could repeat a lot of words in the book after I read them, but I was so happy when, last night, he read most of the book to me!

He is doing so well, and making so much progress. Maybe he senses his big 2nd birthday coming up in 2 weeks, and is ready to move out of babyhood. Sigh. :))

4 comments:

Michelle said...

They both look so big!!! Kevin did fantastic with the book!!! Great job Kevin!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Kevin is impressive :)
You are right....no baby anymore :)

zoo-mama said...

The above post was from Grandma Marty :)

Unknown said...

I can't seem to get the videos working...I think because I'm in firefox, I'll have to retry on my computer. I love Andrea's hair...our kids are growing up :(