Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ob.Gyn. Appointment: 4 Months

Today I went to Dr. P. for my monthly pregnancy appointment. Actually, I will be 17 weeks pregnant tomorrow. She said everything looks and sounds good. My blood pressure and weight are holding steady, and we got to hear baby's heartbeat. Baby's heart rate was about 143 bpm--right on target. It took her a few minutes to find the heartbeat, because Baby was wiggling around so much! I am starting to feel some of that movement. :))

Last night, I did my traditional juggling act at 16 weeks, where I use my home doppler, find Baby, and get a video of the first time we hear Baby's heartbeat. It took me about 40 minutes to get Baby to cooperate (I kept getting "wooshes" as he or she swam away!), but I finally captured Baby's heartbeat for about 15 seconds. :))



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww! Love that sound. Almost makes me want to be pregnant again...almost. Don't know if I'm ready for that yet??
Any thoughts on the gender of the baby? I heard an oldwives tale that if your baby boy says mama first it will be a boy and if he says dada first if will be a girl? What did Kevin say first (and I guess this only works for the boys in the family??)? Glad things are going great.

bibliophile1978 said...

Kevin said "mama" first . . . they both did! :)) Rod thinks it's a girl, most others think it's a boy, and I have no idea, but hope to find out on Sept. 28!

Michelle said...

Is the heart rate of this one similar to either Kevin or Andrea's??? They usually say in the 140-150's it's a girl, and the boys are in the 130's. Again, an old wives tale I'm sure!!!!
Can't wait until the 28th for the "revealing"!!!!

bibliophile1978 said...

Actually, Kevin was usually in the 140s-160s, and Andrea was usually in the 130s, if I remember right. So that shows the reverse of what you say, Michelle! It's a mystery . . . :))

Unknown said...

ok tomorrow is the day....
I predict boy, no girl, no boy.
I'm usually wrong, but I'll go with boy.
Good luck, can't wait to hear the news.
Also, maeve's h/r was always around 140 and Finn's 170.???