Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, September 28, 2009

Ultrasound at 18.5 Weeks


As you can see, I went for my ultrasound at 18.5 weeks today, and our little BOY was extremely cooperative! The ultrasound tech said he is a very photogenic baby. He is definitely the first of my three kids to cooperate so well on the mid-pregnancy anatomy ultrasound. Everything looks just like it should for this stage, and we got some nice pictures of our baby boy. I even saw him trying to suck his fingers, and trying to grab at his feet! Right now he is lying sideways, with his head on my right side, and his legs stretched out to my left side.

side view, with hand by face


view from opposite side, with hand by forehead

close-up of hands/wrists/fingers


bony legs and bum, with umbilical cord (and boy parts) between
close-up side view of face
We told the kids about the baby tonight, and Andrea is VERY excited. (Kevin doesn't really understand yet.) Andrea knows that there is a baby boy in my belly, and she will have another brother, but we still have to wait a long time before he's ready to come out. Oh, and she knows his name . . . RYAN. :))

3 comments:

Unknown said...

yay!! LOVE, LOVE the name Ryan!!Actually thought about it for a girl's name. Another friend of my is due Oct. 12th and I think if it's a boy (they don't know yet) they had Ryan as a top pick. I think she's having a girl though, so no worries.
Can't wait to hear more about new baby. Hope you're feeling great!

Unknown said...

I didn't mean 'no worries' like you stole it...I was joking, but reading back it didn't sound right. Sorry about that.

Michelle said...

YAY another little Red Wings and Lions fan!!! So great when they co-operate!!! Glad to see you've picked out a name (Mike and I have said that if it's another boy we're screwed since it took forever to pick Parker, and can't agree on any names now!!!). So happy that everything is going well!!!