Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Another Hurdle Cleared :))

I just got back from Baby's fetal echocardiogram. The tech said everything looks good to her.

My goodness, it was a LONG ultrasound! Between the tech and the cardiac radiologist, the ultrasound took almost an hour and a half. At least the tech warned me ahead of time (and let me empty my bladder!).

I was a little disappointed because I know they have 3-D ultrasound at Met Hospital now, and was kind of hoping for a 3-D peek at Baby as my reward for lying so patiently on that exam table for so long. Well, I give the tech credit: she really did try to get me some 3-D images. However, I think Ryan was fed up by this point. He was in perfect position (and stayed pretty still) the whole time they were doing his heart scans, and only right at the end did he get fed up and flip onto his belly.

The tech put on the 3-D, but Ryan was now lying face-down, curled up into a ball, with his face buried in the side of my uterus! She even tried rolling me on my side to get him to move, but he wouldn't budge. So, all I got to see in 3-D was the back of his head and one ear! Even in regular ultrasound, he kept hiding, so we only got pictures of his spine.

Oh, well. At least the stubborn little guy is healthy! :))

1 comment:

zoo-mama said...

sheesh! What is it with little boys? I remember Kevin not cooperating for a while when you were expecting him. :)
Glad Ryan is healthy, and hope you are taking good care of him and you :)
Luv ya!