Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, October 12, 2009

Andrea's Thanksgiving Art

I had to keep Andrea's Thanksgiving art this year--if only in digital form--because it was so cute. Even though the first two things are the traditional Thanksgiving hand-turkey pictures that all kids make, I've always been partial to anything that's made with the kids' hand prints or footprints. It's just a little piece that's uniquely them, even when the teacher helps.



The picture above was the inside page to a scrapbook Andrea made in her JK class. It had several pages about things they (their "turkey hands") are thankful for. The page below was my absolute favourite:


"Andrea's hand gives thanks for Jesus and her Mom"
First, you can already see the effects of her new Catholic school training (she makes me laugh--how irreverent). Second, and best of all, is her artistic interpretation of what "Jesus" and "Mommy" look like. Jesus is a guy with spiky hair, and Mommy is a blond with lots of makeup and/or bad acne. I want to laugh out loud every time I look at this. It's priceless!
***

One of Andrea's teachers laminated a picture of the pilgrims she had coloured (Aside: um, aren't pilgrims specific to the American Thanksgiving tradition?). When she showed it to Daddy today, he noticed that is had dotted lines, so it could be cut into puzzle pieces! I thought that was a pretty neat idea, and Andrea enjoyed putting her Thanksgiving puzzle together. :))

The puzzle says "Be Thankful!": I am: for my good job, good friends, and beautiful (and growing) family!

1 comment:

zooo-mama said...

How precious!
Love it :)