Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Andrea and Ballet

Andrea's been taking ballet classes for about a month now, and she just loves it. Daddy usually takes her to class on Thursday evenings, while I stay home with the boys, so I haven't had a chance to see her dance yet. This week, before class, I asked her if she would put on a little show for me, so I could see what she has been learning. Ever my little performer, she was happy to oblige. Here are some of the basic positions she has been learning (I won't try to tell you what they are called, especially since Andrea's pronunciation of French is questionable at best!).

I also encouraged her to put some of her moves together into a ballet routine I could record on video. She created this on the spot, so I was fairly impressed. I asked her if she does any of this dance in class, and she said yes, the part with clapping and touching her toes. Then, Kevin wanted to have me take a video of him. When Andrea coaxed him to put on a show, he tried to imitate some of her routine. It was very cute. The funniest part to them, though, was that Kevin accidentally walked into the frame at the end of Andrea's video, so Andrea decided to pop in at the end of Kevin's video. I swear, they watched their videos about 20 times, and laughed hysterically each time one of them popped in at the end of the other's routine! It never ceases to amaze me, what amuses these two!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hehe. Cute. Love Andrea's hair...she is getting so grown up looking.