Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Kevin Speaks!

Well, he's babbled for a long time, and we frequently hear "Mama" and "Dada," but tonight he caught us totally off guard!

I was carrying him off to bed, and stopped to let him say goodnight to Dada and Andrea. We gave them kisses (he leans in for kisses now!), and waved "bye-bye." As I turned to take him to his room, Rod said, "Goodnight, Buddy!"

Kevin replied: "Guh-nigh!"

Rod and I looked at each other in disbelief. "Did you hear that?!" "He just said good-night!"

I laughed and gave him a big hug. He was all grins, and very proud of himself. Just for fun, Rod coaxed him to say it again. It wasn't as clear as the first time, but he did say, "Nigh!" again.

So, Kevin's first real word, (or phrase, I guess) is: "Good night!"

No comments: