Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 13, 2007

I love my CABOOSE!

. . . um, my new Joovy Caboose stroller, that is!

The traditional double stroller we had (while probably sturdier, and had more comfortable seating for the kids) just wasn't working for me. I had trouble steering it; it was too heavy; and Andrea was too big for it--the sun visor hit her head, and the straps were too short for her!

So, I did a bunch of investigating online, and read a lot of reviews, till I found an alternative that I thought would work better for me. Of course, Rod's not too happy about spending the money on the traditional one, and then having me trying to re-sell it a few weeks later (we got it used, so I couldn't return it). But what's the point of keeping the thing if I'll never use it? Why not invest in a product that will make my life easier?


So, the new stroller just arrived today, and I loved it from the start! It was super easy to assemble. Andrea likes it, too. She seemed to know right away that her spot was on the back, and wanted to climb right on. For the most part, she liked the seat. She can also stand, too, but I don't think she's ready for that yet. We tried it, but she kept wanting to let go, and play with stuff, so it isn't safe for her yet (there's no straps to hold them when they stand). I will say this: if you have a really restless kid, who is always trying to move around and grab stuff, then this is probably not the stroller for you. But Andrea's pretty calm for a toddler, so she was happy to stay in her seat (which does have a good safety belt).

It was good for Kevin, too, because his Graco car seat is compatible with this stroller, so it fits right in. Also, he gets extra sun/wind protection in a way, because the canopy from his car seat and the canopy from the stroller can both go up and cover him.

And finally, I got the stroller on sale: $20 off. Yay!

***
Here's some pictures of Andrea at her favourite place: the park! We go there almost every day now. Sometimes she gets to go twice--once with me in the morning, and once with Daddy at night. I put in these pictures because she's willing to cooperate for photos when she's busy having fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! neat stroller :)

I bet you could confidently ride on the transit bus with it too :)

Andrea and Kevin look like they are enjoying their daily excursions.

It's good for Mommy too :)

Love ya!