Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Disappointed :((

Today we took the kids to get their Christmas pictures done. I had a feeling that a certain little girl might not want to cooperate with us, but I was REALLY disappointed with how our photo session went.

I picked a good time to go, when I knew both kids would be well-rested and fed; they both seemed very happy in their outfits; and Andrea's first few individual photos went well. She got all excited every time her pictures appeared on the monitor, after they were taken.

But when it was time to put Kevin in the photo--she wasn't having that! She did NOT want to sit next to him. So, they tried her kneeling behind him: nope. They tried lying on their bellies next to each other: nope. They tried putting him in her lap: HUGE mistake. Kevin just sat there and looked around at everything, quite content, while Andrea literally thrashed and screamed. They tried bribing her with stickers. They tried putting stickers on Kevin to get her to kiss him! Nothing worked. They tried giving her a break, but she just ran around and around the photo set, and kept getting in the way of Kevin's individual photos! Everyone was SO frustrated (except Kevin).

So, okay, we ended up with two really nice INDIVIDUAL photos, and one passable photo of the two of them together, back to back--Andrea with a smirk, and Kevin staring off to one side. Sigh.

The photographer assured me that kids usually get over this anti-photo-cooperation stage by the age of 3. Hopefully we'll have better luck with their birthday photos in July!

Anyhow, I am upset about the pictures, and how stressful it was, but I'm also disappointed that Andrea is still acting like this around Kevin. I mean, yes, she wants to blow him a kiss goodnight every night, and sometimes she'll hand him a toy or a blanket, but she never really wants to touch him, or talk to him, or get really close to him. It just doesn't seem normal to me. (?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmmm, the "terrible twos" have struck? I agree with the photographer, she will get over it. In the meantime, maybe you will capture some moments on your camera, at home with the two of them, which are all the more special as they will be spontaneous. :))

Love,
Grandma Marty

Unknown said...

welcome to having a 2 year old. I hear ya girl! I'm not sure where you got your photos...but a nice cheap place that does some great photos is Zehrs. I've been very happy in the past. And if they turn out "meh" then at least you didn't spend a lot of $$.
Andrea sounds normal to me. I've yet to get a good pic of the kids together.