Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, November 16, 2007

Exersaucer Fun / Potty Time?

Ah, these double entries are becoming the trend now, having two kids at two different stages of development!

Kevin's Exersaucer Fun
Today I tried putting Kevin in the Exersaucer again. He loved it! He was much stronger this time, and didn't tire out as quickly. He was even putting some weight on his little legs, and talking up a storm! Over the past couple of days, Kevin has suddenly become extremely vocal. He squeals like crazy, in all these silly tones, and it sometimes sounds like he is trying to sing! He can also get very loud! But it's so cute. :)) I've got a video and some pictures here, showing his fun in the Exersaucer.



Although she still ignores him for the most part, Andrea had a surprising number of pro-Kevin moments today. She brought him his blanket; she picked up his toy when he dropped it, and gave it back to him; she brought him his pacifier (which he doesn't use, but it was a nice gesture); she sat next to us while I gave him his bottle; and she shared his toys with him while he was in the Exersaucer. Today was a good day! Kevin loves Andrea; he gets all excited, and kicks his feet, and watches her so intently when she's around. :)) In the picture below, he is squealing with excitement!

"Hi, Momma--wanna play with us?"

Andrea and Potty Time?

Well, we've been making a little progress on the potty front. Andrea now enjoys sitting on the potty after we've stripped her down for her bath. She hasn't gone yet, but it's a start, and she seems to think it's fun, which is a good thing. She also sat on the potty at Gram and Grandpa's, but again, no tinkles. However, she came home from daycare on Thursday afternoon with a big sticker on her chest--she used the potty at school! So, slowly but surely, her interest in using the potty is growing. But I'm not going to push it. Everything I've read says to let the child do it at their own pace, and she's only two years old.

We also instituted a new night-time ritual some months ago, which Daddy has cheerfully dubbed "Naked Runnin'." It started as something fun to get Andrea to look forward to her bath, but I've also read that giving a toddler naked time is good when you're potty training, to get them used to not wearing a diaper. So, each night before her bath, we strip her down and let her run and chase us all over the house in her birthday suit! Two nights ago, she made me laugh--she wanted to do her naked run wearing her hat! She's such a silly.

Of course, the naked run has its risks--which we've never encountered before--but for some odd reason, they have struck us two nights in a row! Last night, we ended up with a tinkle on the carpet (ew!), and gave Andrea a friendly reminder to head for the potty next time.

Tonight, the circumstances were a bit different. I was MAD. Andrea was playing on our bed, post-bath, and I was trying to get her pjs on her. She got up and scooted away from me. Then, she tooted. I made the mistake of laughing. So, she forced out another one. I said NO right away, and commanded her to come and put her diaper on. She tooted again, and laughed like crazy. I reached for her, but she dodged me. As she went to force out another toot, she peed right on our bed! I was furious. I knew that something was going to come out, so I had desperately tried to stop her; but she was too fast for me!

Well, I will probably laugh about this by tomorrow, but I'm annoyed that I have to wash all my bedding tonight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Sounds like the kids know how to push your buttons already!
Then they look at each other and say, "okay we got them totally confused and frustrated, so now is the time to give them some "KIDDY CUTE TIMES" and show them how smart we really are!
Oh how I miss those days *GRIN*
Love,
Grandma Marty

Unknown said...

phew I thought you were going to say she pooped on your bed! Maeve has gone on the potty once and will sit on it with her clothes on...but she's not showing real interest yet. I'm going to wait until we get back from Windsor after Christmas to start...can you imagine that trip with a newly potty trained child?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the story about Andrea peeing on your bed... that made me laugh right out loud. I know the feeling though, Izzy's naked time equates into a lot of clean up time for us, too!