Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, March 21, 2008

Getting Ready for Easter


***
So far, we are having a quiet Good Friday at home. Daddy has to work today (not officially, but he's so busy), so the kids and I have been doing some getting-ready-for-Easter activities.
When Daddy was in Toronto on business a few weeks ago, he found a Dora the Explorer egg decorating kit for Andrea. I decided we'd colour our eggs this morning. It's a family tradition to colour Easter eggs on Good Friday: my mom always did it with us, and I've been doing it since Andrea was born, too. :))



I did the egg dyeing while Andrea and Kevin supervised. Andrea was in charge of putting the Dora stickers on the eggs, and then placing them in the Dora-themed egg holders. Naturally, toddler excitement led to a few casualties . . .


. . . but most of the eggs survived.


***
Grandma and Grandpa G. stopped by to drop off some Easter presents for the kids after lunch. It worked out well that this morning I had dressed the kids in the Easter outfits Grandma and Grandpa had bought for them when they were on vacation last month. Andrea's shirt and Kevin's jumper look really cute, and suited today's Easter activities. :))

Some of the plastic Easter eggs in Andrea and Kevin's gift baskets were filled with sour candy keys. Naturally, Kevin's never had sour candy; and I don't think Andrea's ever tried any, either. Leave it to the grandparents to get the kids to "pucker up"!


"What the @#$% is this?!"


"OOOOOOOO . . . " (shudders)

***
Grandpa also tried to get Kevin to stand up, holding onto the couch. Kevin isn't very confident yet, but he does put the weight on his legs, if you encourage him.

"You won't let me fall, right? Thanks, Grandpa. "

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH My goodness! How sweet! :)
I love Andrea's ponytails and their Easter outfits from Grandma and Grandpa are the best :) And
Kevin standing makes him look like such a big boy.

But the very best...is the expressions on the kids faces from the sour candy. I laughed out loud and Grandpa Rick wondered what I was laughing at, so he had a chuckle too.

PS...the tradition goes on...I am colouring Easter Eggs too :)))

Happy Easter to the little Gagnon Family!

Anonymous said...

Those are the cutest little outfits!!!
The eggs look great, we always used to decorate eggs on Good Friday too!!

Hope you guys have a great Easter!!!