Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Here's Some Laughs

A few days ago, I was changing one of Kevin's diapers--and it happened to be a stinky one. Andrea came into the room, took one look at his diaper, and yelled: "It's a yucky Jell-o one!" Jell-o? How, and why, did she come up with that?! Anyway, I laughed so hard that now every time she sees me changing his diaper, she yells, "It's a jelly one!" even if it's just pee.

***

Last night I was feeding Kevin an early dinner, and Andrea came in, saying she wanted her supper. I jokingly offered her Kevin's bowl of pureed sweet corn and chicken. She took one peek at the brownish-yellow mush and declared, "That's too di-gusting for me!" Evidently, Kevin felt the same way. About two minutes later, he gagged and spit up his meal. I guess that means sweet corn is off the list for now. Poor Kevin!

***

Andrea has started to colour pictures with great concentration and intensity recently. Where before she liked blank paper and random colours, she now prefers colouring books, and only shades of pink and purple! She will sit and colour for several minutes, completely focused on her work. Well today, she ran out of pages to colour in her Dora mermaids colouring book. It was quite a tragedy! But Mommy's quick thinking saved the day. I got out one of her blank books, and drew some pictures of Dora with a black marker. Voila--colouring pages! However, it's times like these that I wish I was a graphic artist--or at least had some drawing talent. But I will share me and Andrea's combined effort here, because it is worth a laugh!



***

Kevin has the greatest giggles right now. The best way I get him to laugh is to pop up at him from somewhere below his swing or exersaucer, and say, "I'm gonna get you!" He even giggles like crazy when I disappear--I think it's a reaction to the suspense, knowing what's coming.

I've got a video here, but you can only hear the giggling. Unfortunately, I had the camera in a bad position, so Kevin is in the shadows, and none of my editing software could fix it. Thus, the picture above, which gives you a sense of the expression on his face when we are playing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Omg....the video of Kevin laughing is just too contagious! :)

And, I liked your drawings of Dora. It looks like Andrea did too. :)))