Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, July 23, 2007

Egg Roll Needs a New Home!

We took Andrea to the pediatrician today, and it is just as I suspected: although she hasn't oficially been diagnosed yet, all signs point to allergies and asthma, so we need to find a new home for Egg Roll.

The doctor said Andrea's test results from the fall showed that the one thing she tested positive for was an allergy to cats, and she has a level 3 allergy, which is fairly serious. She is being referred to an allergist for further testing soon.

I feel really bad about this, because we had been told previously that she might have a cat allergy. But I still decided to adopt Egg Roll, thinking I had survived living with cats and cat allergies as a kid; plus, I knew how much Egg Roll needed a home. The local Humane Society can't accept kittens anymore--they have to destroy them.

I also feel really bad because I'm a firm believer in responsible pet ownership. In other words, when you adopt a pet, it becomes a member of your family for life, and you make sure it gets all the proper veterinary care. But now I'm in a position where I have to get down from my soapbox and put Andrea's welfare first.

So, seriously, are any of you interested in adopting a kitten? He's about 11 weeks old. He is very curious, playful, and friendly. He is used to being handled by kids. We'll give you all the supplies we have for him: food, litter, litter box, bed, and toys. All we ask is that you are a loving and responsible caregiver for him. :))

I would feel much better if someone I know could adopt him, or at least someone who is known by a friend or family member. So, that's why I wanted to put my plea up here, first.

Can you, or someone you know, give Egg Roll a good home?

No comments: