Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Labour YES; Delivery NO?!

I'll skip the gory details, but let you know it's been a rough night/day for me here. I went in for my c-section pre-assessment and told the nurses how icky I felt, and gave them all my symptoms from the last 12 hours or so. The monitor was clearly registering regular contractions, so they checked me. I'm only about 1 cm dilated, but I'm having some pretty strong contractions now and then.

Obviously, however . . . they sent me home!

They said I could go back in anytime tonight if the contractions get to be unbearable, or if my water breaks. Gee, thanks! I thought the whole point of planned c-section was to AVOID labour!?

Their suggestions: "Lay on your left side, and drink lots of water. Hopefully that will slow things down."

Okay, then. So much for going out for a nice dinner with my husband to celebrate our 3rd anniversary, which is today.

I felt compelled to add this last post before what still looks to be tomorrow's delivery at 7:45 a.m., but now I am going to curl up in bed and curse the medical establishment! ;)) At least I should be in a much happier mood by my next post!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Rodney and Julie!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you on your anniversary. I hope you get the comfort food you want :)

Good luck tonight/tomorrow.
I am sending good vibes your way.
Love you!

Anonymous said...

ooh...I just came on here to wish you good luck tomorrow! I'm actually kind of jealous...I went to the docs today and am still a fingertip dilated...this baby is liking this home...the homeowner though...getting a little tired. I wish you all the luck though and CANNOT wait to hear your good news. Happy anniversary too!!!
lots of love