Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, October 5, 2007

I Had to Laugh . . .

There's no such thing as privacy in our home anymore--especially in the bathroom. We purposely installed a lock on the inside of the bathroom door to keep Andrea out; but she quickly realized that she could get into the bathroom from the bedroom entrance, anyway. Sigh.

So, she's always in there when we're going to the bathroom, having a shower, etc.

Showers are interesting; she always names off my body parts (including the private ones!) as I'm toweling off. Okay, maybe it's a good learning experience for her, but hey, I'm kind of self-conscious about my body, and it's weird to have my toddler studying me like that!

Potty time--well, she's certainly not shy about joining me, and narrating my every move. "Mama pee-pee; Mama stinky!" etc.

But the funniest thing happened this morning. I almost didn't share it, because it involves "feminine stuff," but I had to laugh. I was in the bathroom, and was in the process of removing some "feminine protection" from its package. Andrea, of course, was watching. She got all excited and started yelling, "Andrea have some! Andrea have some!" I thought I would bust a gut laughing. She thought I was unwrapping a treat! Oh, my!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

way too funny...VERY similar around our home. Maeve recently loves showering with us and it's like the private parts are the words she can say the LOUDEST. She also says them very clearly too. Not cool though when we are in the store and she yanks open my shirt and looks down and yells boobies. Thank goodness she can't yank down our pants LOL!