Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, October 5, 2007

Kiddie Concerns

Briefly, here's two things that are on my mind:

1. Potty Training: I am ready to start. Andrea is not. She is two years and two months old. I have had the training potty out since she was 18 months old. She will gladly sit on it, with her clothes on. She is interested in what Mommy and Daddy do in the bathroom. She sometimes even tells you if she is in the process of peeing or pooping. But ask if she wants to use the potty, the answer is, "No." And what worries me, is that's it's an anxious-sounding "no"--like she's upset or scared. Any suggestions as to what I can do to help her out, and get things on a roll?

2. "What's Yours is Mine, and What's Mine is Mine": This would best describe the situation in regards to the toys in our household. Poor Kevin doesn't stand a chance. Andrea wants whatever he has. It doesn't matter that she's got a room and a half full of toys, and he's got maybe 5 things to his name. The instant I get out something for Kevin to play with, Andrea wants it. She will literally drop whatever she's doing, come over, and whine until I let her play with his toy. It drives me NUTS! I know part of it is her age, but still, I don't want her to think this behaviour is okay. I am also concerned about the upcoming Christmas season. Is she going to take all Kevin's gifts away from him? I wouldn't mind so much if it was a case of she took one of his toys, but let him play with one of hers in return. I've tried that, too, but I think it's too complicated for a toddler to grasp. So, what do I do? Wait until Kevin is big enough stand up for himself?

No comments: