Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Kevin's 2-Month Appointment

Kevin and I went to see our family doctor for his 2-month check-up and immunizations this afternoon. The doctor said Kevin is doing very well!


Our 10-week-old boy weighs 13.8 pounds, and is 26 and 3/4 inches long!
(Note: our infant car seat says it's good up to 20 pounds or 26 inches. Umm...?)

He also had a little "surprise" for the doctor when she opened his diaper: a stinky mess! I checked him just before she came in, and he was clean. I think he did it just to get back at her for giving him the shots!

He had to get two injections, so she put one in each thigh. The first one wasn't too bad; he just flinched a bit. But she warned me that the second one would be more painful for him, and he definitely howled for a minute, the poor little guy. But I was surprised how quickly he bounced back. And so far, it hasn't seemed to bother him too much (knock wood) besides his thighs being a little tender.

Since we were two weeks behind on getting his immunizations, she said we should come back for the next set two months from today, which is what I figured would happen. I'm sure Kevin doesn't mind pushing things back a bit. :))

No comments: