Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Gone Skiing

Daddy's on a well-deserved ski trip this weekend. It's his annual trip up to Collingwood with the men.

Andrea has noticed his absence. Yesterday morning, she was confused when I got up with her, because Rod usually gets up with her in the morning. When we were in the bathroom, she suddenly said, "Shhhhh . . . Mama, Dada's sleeping! Dada's in da bed!" She thought I had let him sleep in. Then, today, after lunch, she came up and laid her head down in my lap and said softly, "My Dada? Want my Dada." Aw, it just about broke my heart. I promised her he'd be home tomorrow, when it got dark outside. :))

But the real reason I posted about this is that Andrea surprised me by doing something she hasn't done in about a year. Before she learned to walk, she used to pull the fat-catching trays from our indoor grill off the kitchen shelf and put them on her hands, and slide around like she was skating. Last night, she surprised me by trotting into the living room with the fat trays, placing them on her feet, and sliding across the living room floor, exclaiming, "I'm ski, Mama!" She was pumping her arms and everything! I had to laugh. She must have heard Rod and I discussing his trip, and remembered how she used to "ski" around the house. It's amazing how much toddlers pick up!

15 months old

***

Now!

No comments: