Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Kevin Moments (and some comparisons)

I feel like I've been putting up lots of cute posts about Kevin lately, and not all that much about Andrea. Then again, Andrea had a blog all to herself for a year and a half, so I guess she'll forgive me for dedicating a little extra time to Kevin in this one!
***
Kevin's first teeth started to come through a couple of days ago. He is getting the bottom, middle teeth in first, just like Andrea did (and within days of the same age, too). It's funny how excited we mommies get over baby's first teeth! I keep peeking in to see how they're coming along (very slowly!), and rubbing his gums to feel if they've broken through (one has). Kevin doesn't mind--it feels good when I rub his gums. :)) So far he's been handling it well--no fever, sleeping normally, and only a little whining. I remember Andrea handled teething well, too.

***
On Thursday, I spent some time playing with the kids on my bed. Both of them think that's a great treat! They were so cute and cuddly and funny and lovable that I just had to snap a few pictures. Sometimes it's the simplest moments spent with the babies that are the best!

close, but not too close :))

precious baby smiles

***

This week, Kevin has discovered that he is finally able to reach the fish on his swing's mobile. He has been fascinated with them for months, and now he can actually swat them! The joy he gets out of this activity is infectious. I remember that Andrea was about the same age as Kevin when she discovered that she could reach the fish. It's bitter-sweet how each new development of Kevin's takes me back to the moments when Andrea achieved the same things.

Andrea Kevin

Kevin's reaction to the discovery he can now reach his "fishies," though, is quite ecstatic. He shrieks, and laughs hysterically, as he tries to get them. Of course, Mommy gets him all riled up by squealing, "Get the fishies! Get the fishies!"

***

However, sometimes Mommy is busy when Kevin wants to play. If he's stuck in his swing, and I'm out of the room, he has a unique way of getting my attention. There's a colourful chain of baby teething links attached to his swing tray, and he pulls them back and forth so they rattle loudly. The sound reminds me of a prisoner rattling his metal cup along the bars to get the warden's attention!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhhh precious moments :)
Breathe them in, and hold them close and enjoy.