Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, March 13, 2009

A "Dot" and a "Flicker" :))

I went for my second ultrasound today, and it was a much happier visit this time. As soon as I heard the tech talking to the student tech about measuring the "flicker" (heartbeat), I knew everything was okay.

They told me that I'm measuring about 2 weeks earlier than what I'd expected; they are saying I'm only 6 weeks pregnant, whereas I worked it out to be 7.5 weeks. That's probably why they couldn't see anything last time; I'd have been just over 5 weeks, which is really too early to see anything on ultrasound.

These techs were great--really friendly, and showed me things on the monitor. They even gave me pictures!

(Our little dot is just above and to the left of the arrow.)



Of course, we have to keep in mind that I'm still spotting, and it's still very early (earlier than I thought!), so anything can happen. But it was a happy moment when I got to see that tiny dot and flicker on the ultrasound screen. :))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Calm, soothing happy thoughts to you and baby. Sending my best "mom vibes" :)
Hugs!