Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Heartache

Pregnancy number three ended yesterday.

It still hasn't really settled in for me yet.

Briefly, I spent 8 hours in the ER on my birthday (Thursday) because the spotting got heavier. I went back to the hospital on Friday afternoon for an ultrasound. I went to the ER, and sat there for about 4 hours before I finally got the results, that I'd had a partial miscarriage. Then, I waited in the ER until past midnight to see the OB/Gyn on call, who decided a D & C was the best option, and also decided to admit me. I was finally brought upstairs at 1:30 AM. They were supposed to do the D & C by around 9 AM, but I ended up waiting until 7 PM. I got home around 10:30 PM last night.

Physically, I'm doing okay. Emotionally, I'm kind of on shut-down.

The doctor said it looks like the pregnancy made it to about 6 weeks, 6 days. This means that I must have lost it just after that last ultrasound, where I saw the heartbeat.

Today, Andrea asked about the baby again. That was tough. I explained that there wasn't one anymore. Thankfully, she didn't ask too many questions, but just said "it's not fair." I have to agree with that. But I know this is God's/nature's way of taking care of a baby that was probably very sick.

I'll be okay. We'll be okay. It's just been a rotten few days . . . sigh.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Julie I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am to hear about your loss. They become a part of the family as soon, as that stick say positive, and it's always so hard to lose any member of the family.
Just know that we are here for you, no matter what you need. Just give us a call.
Sending our love to your family.
Michelle

Unknown said...

Julie, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. All that waiting in the hospital probably didn't make it any easier. I'm thinking about you lots and lots. If there is anything I can do from afar, I'll do it.
Lots of love to you guys. I'll be thinking about you.
xoxox
Susan and co.

Anonymous said...

I'm here for you. For anything.
Thinking of you,

Donna