Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 7, 2008

All Kinds of Little Things :))

I didn't know what to title this entry, because it is made up of a bunch of little things I wanted to post about the kids. (?)
***
Kevin:

We had to get Kevin a new car seat over the weekend. He has already exceeded the maximum height for his infant seat! At his 4-month appointment he was 27.5 inches long; and the maximum for his seat is 27 inches! What a big, healthy boy he is. Plus he gives Mommy the sweetest smiles!

Today, Kevin also decided that he wanted to try eating some cereal again. After his first try a few weeks ago, he only had it a few times; and only once did he actually bother to eat any of it. So, I let it go awhile. Tonight, when I was done eating supper, he suddenly got whiny for no reason. I said, "Do you want some cereal? Are you hungry?" and he got all excited! So, I mixed up a couple tablespoons of baby cereal. He didn't seem too interested in the the first few bites, but then he started to gulp it down. Furthermore, he would yell in between each spoonful, because it wasn't coming fast enough! He finished the cereal in the bowl, and then cried for more! So, I mixed up another batch, and he ate it all. Wow, is somebody having a growth spurt?

Also, Kevin is going for his first swim class tomorrow. I hope he will like it. I will be posting all about the experience, of course. (Unfortunately, I won't be able to get pictures; this is the first time I'm taking a baby to swim class without Daddy!)

Finally, I didn't know where else to put this, but Daddy was so proud, I had to throw it in. Rod offered Kevin a toy golf club a few nights ago. Kevin grabbed it right away and started swinging it around. :))

***

Andrea:

She warmed my heart today. She was playing next to me and Kevin on the couch. I was feeding Kevin, but he kept getting distracted because he loves to watch her play. I told Andrea, "Kevin really likes to watch you. He loves his big sister Andrea." Then I asked her, "Do you like Baby Kevin?" Andrea responded, "Yes, I like Baby!" with the cutest little smile on her face. This made me so happy. It's the first time she's verbally expressed any feelings about him. :)) Later in the day, she also asked him, "What's'a matter, 'evin? Why you crying?" when he was getting a bit restless in his chair. Slowly, but surely, she is starting to acknowledge the poor little guy, who is so fascinated with her.

Also, I know I've featured Andrea's Dora obsession several times, but tonight was a prime example. When I put her to bed, she had to have all her Dora dolls, large and small, "go da bed."

"Five little Doras jumping on the bed . . ."(plus the one wearing Dora pajamas)

By the way, the two songs Andrea must have at night are "Five little monkeys jumping on the bed . . ." and "The wheels on the bus go round and round . . ." However, Daddy and Andrea came up with their own versions featuring "Five little Doras" and "Five little Andreas" who are also sometimes "jumping on the comfy" (her little couch) and fall off and bump their "bummy." (!)

Another Andrea bedtime ritual: not only must Andrea sleep on her tummy, but she also makes sure each one of her Doras are sleeping on their tummies, too!

No comments: