Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Mashed-Potato Monster

Mmm . . . mashed potatoes . . .
***
Andrea's 4 Food Groups: Noodles, Yougurt, Cheese, and Mashed Potatoes (with an occasional helping of fruit, salad, or hot dog).
Instant mashed potatoes have recently ousted noodles as her favourite food. She wants them for pretty much every meal. I don't mind too much, as long as she munches on some other things throughout the day.
***
Yesterday, Kevin had a bad crying spell while I was getting Andrea ready to eat, so I had to leave her alone in the kitchen for a few minutes. When I went back in to check her progress, I couldn't believe what she had done. She smeared potatoes all over her hands, and all the way up her arms, to her elbows. Oh, and she did her work well--it was a nice, thick layer, too. Sometimes I've caught her smooshing it in her hands, but she has never spread it all over like that. I was really irritated, but I thought I might as well get some fun out of it. I asked her (on camera) to explain what she did, and why. The thought processes of a two-year-old are pretty straightforward . . .

***
It's good that we have a step-stool for her in the bathroom now. I was able to march her right up to the sink and help her clean up this mess!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!

C'mon, you gotta laugh at Andrea!
Besides, she might be on to something....potatoes are good for the skin? Hmmmmmm. :))))

Unknown said...

haha cute. She's a little monkey. I wouldn't want to leave her and maeve in a room alone LOL!!