Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 28, 2008

Happy Baby :))


Kevin is such a happy little sweetheart. Sure, he has his off days, and his cries of hunger and discomfort; but, overall, he's a very happy little boy. I've especially noticed how much he's been smiling and giggling since he recovered from that nasty infection last week. When he's excited, he gurgles and giggles and growls, and his legs start doing Riverdance! You never know what is going to amuse him. Two days ago I put him in his exersaucer, and he was so thrilled! He's been in it lots of times, and he likes it, but I'd never seen him this excited before.

***

Then, there's Andrea. I really don't get what to make of her anymore. She used to be just like Kevin--extremely content, always smiling and laughing. It seems that about 3 months before her second birthday, Andrea underwent a major personality change. I mean, she still smiles and giggles and has fun, but only with certain people and only if it's on her terms.
These pictures I took of Kevin and Andrea together are so typical of her interactions with him, and her general attitude: totally absorbed in her own toy, and not at all interested in her brother who is giggling and cooing at her.


Poor Kevin. He just loves her so much. He coos and laughs when she's nearby, and squeals to try and get her attention; he always tries to touch her with his hands or feet when she's nearby. Yesterday, he tried to hold her hand and she totally freaked out! I told her that Kevin loves her and just wants to be her friend and play with her, but I made him let go (and he was being so gentle--not at all intimidating). Sigh.
***

Anyway, here are some other pictures I snapped.

Hoody Girl: Andrea is all about the hooded sweatshirts right now. She has three, and they are her favourites. She has to wear the hood up all day long, too.
***
"Who is that handsome guy?"
***
"Where's my refund, Daddy?"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kevin's such a cutie...that video is adorable.
Welcome to having a 2 year old eh? Maeve has her moments too...
Andrea is still quite the cutie and I wouldn't worry to much (easier said than done I know).