Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

December 26th: The Gagnons

On Boxing Day, as per tradition, we went to the large Gagnon (Rod's dad's family) gathering. I say large because, well, the family is so big! It is just Rod's dad's brothers and sisters and their families, but they counted and there were about 80 people present--and some family members couldn't make it! For the past few years this event has taken place at Aunt Petesy's (a.k.a. "Gagnon Hall"). We visit, have a big family dinner, and then Santa comes to visit the kids and give out gifts. Yes, Santa makes a special effort to visit the Gagnons on Boxing Day, because there are just so many children there! :))


Andrea is in the background, playing bowling; Izzy is eating some taco dip; and Kevin's entertaining himself on the floor.
***

I have to say, though, I've had bad luck the last two years with this gathering. Last year, Andrea was so sick with a throat infection that we didn't even go. This year, I was really sick and almost didn't go, but didn't want Rod to have to go alone with both the kids. We got there, and I actually perked up a bit. But then Kevin suddenly started to shriek for no apparent reason. He felt a bit hot, but it was hot with all those people, so I stripped him down to his undershirt, and sat by a door with a cool draft. He calmed down, but I was starting to feel miserable again, plus being worried about his unusual behaviour.

Anyhow, we had a good time until Kevin started to scream (I got a bit mad about some people's comments about Kevin's yelling--even if they were just joking--because I know he's usually such a good baby, and I was worried).


However, we had a funny moment when it was Andrea's turn to get her gift from Santa. I guess she remembered how upset she was when she had to sit on Santa's lap at Gram's Christmas party a few weeks ago. Well, when they called her name, she ran up, snatched the gift from Santa, and ran back to her place! Nothing could induce her to return to Santa so we could get a photo. I had to laugh.


Kevin, on the other hand, wasn't bothered by Santa at all. He was feeling better at this point, and took his first meeting with Santa quite matter-of-factly.

[Santa must be dieting.]
***
We ended up leaving the gathering early because I was feeling so unwell, and Kevin was getting a bit restless again, too. When we got home, Andrea had some fun playing in the new schoolhouse Mommy and Daddy got her for Christmas. It's kind of like a pop-up tent/playhouse, with Dora and Diego pictures on the outside.

I see you, Mama!

Peek-a-boo!

No comments: