Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Kevin's First Cereal!

I had planned to wait until he was 6 months old, as is now recommended, but yesterday afternoon he was acting SO hungry! He polished off a 6-ounce bottle in about 10 minutes (a record for my slow eater!), and was wailing for more. So, I decided it was time to try giving Kevin some rice cereal.

Appetite-wise, he is definitely ready for it. He has recovered from his stomach bug, and is wanting to eat every 2-3 hours! But I'm not so sure if he's physically ready. Overall, he seemed to enjoy the experience, but not much of the food actually stayed in his mouth! He pushed most of it out with his tongue; but that's normal, too, until he learns how to eat solids.

So, here are some pictures (and a video) of Kevin's first experience with solid food:


WHAT are you putting in my mouth?!

Hey, this is kind of fun!

Mmmmm!

***

[I apologize in advance for the shakiness of the video. I was feeding with one hand, and taping with the other! Also note--a rare appearance by Andrea! ]

No comments: