Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Jolly Jumper / Little Princess

I put Kevin in the Jolly Jumper for the first time today. I am anxious for him to get more exercise with his legs, because he's starting to get lazy, just like Andrea was at his age--not really putting any weight on them.

Thankfully, Kevin was quite content in the Jolly Jumper. At first, his eyes were huge with wonder; I think the new perspective he got from standing up straight fascinated him!


He didn't really do any bouncing, but he put intense concentration into every little movement. I could almost see his little wheels turning: If I move this leg up, and turn a bit sideways . . . what's going to happen?

He paused to smile at me a few times, but was totally engrossed in his footwork. Andrea was mesmerized by the sight of Kevin, upright and moving, in this crazy contraption. She kept saying, "Wow!" and "Kevin's up!"

I think Kevin did pretty well, considering he's not used to using his legs much, and he's a month younger than Andrea was when I started her in the Jolly Jumper. She used to smile so much back then! Sigh. On a side note: An odd thing I've noticed is that when Andrea was a baby, she used to smile for the camera so easily. Kevin, on the other hand, gets startled by the flash, so he stops smiling the instant the flash goes off! It drives me crazy. Plus, it's rare to get a smile from Andrea now. I swear I have happy children! They just don't smile for the camera, the little stinkers!

***
I was truly surprised when Andrea came out of her room yesterday, wearing her princess crown. At Halloween, she refused to put it on. Suddenly, she has decided that she loves it! Tonight she came out of her room, and exclaimed, throwing her arms wide, "TA-DA! Ay-ee-a's p'incess!"

Ah, my little Princess--it's all good, as long as it's on her terms!

Her expression in this picture is perfect: a smile, yes, but a bit reserved--dignified, if you will!

No comments: