Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Out of the mouth of Maeve!

With my friend Sue's permission, I had to copy this post from her blog to share with everyone--especially since it involves our blog!

She had been explaining the meaning of Christmas with her 2-year-old daughter, Maeve, and quizzed her to see how much she'd understood. :)) Here's the story:

We have a little statue out for Christmas of Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus. I was explaining to Maeve that Jesus was born on Christmas day and that is what the day is all about. I told her Mary is holding baby Jesus and Joseph is next to Mary. I then told her that all these people live with God in heaven. I told her that heaven is up in the clouds...she's two years old people...I've got to keep it simple.So being the teacher that I am I ask questions to see if she understood what I was saying, having her repeat back to me what she remembers, that sort of thing.

Me: Who is in Mary's arms?
Maeve: Baby Jesus
Me: Where does Jesus live?
Maeve: With God
Me: Where does God live?
Maeve: In Windsor what??? Maybe because all her relatives are there???
Me: Remember in the sky....
Maeve: In Kevin it does rhyme with heaven

Ok maybe we visit Julie's blog too often... http://thegaggins.blogspot.com her son's name is Kevin.
She cracks me up!!

I love the way little kids interpret things. :))

No comments: